PHOODIE’S ‘PEPPERMINT CRISP’ CHOCOLATE SLICE 13

ANAPHALATIC

BENJIBUTON

CLEMENTINE

DAME

ELENI

——————————————————————————————————————————————————–

REMEMBER TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK (by clicking here) INSTAGRAM (by clicking here) and TWITTER (by clicking here)

——————————————————————————————————————————————————–

Hello one and all.

Please allow me to introduce you to ‘Phoodie’s Peppermint Crisp Chocolate Slice.’

Words simply cannot.

So I won’t.

ENJOY!

INGREDIENTS

(To make a slice that is approx. 22cm x 30cm)

The base

500g Arnott’s Chocolate Ripple biscuits (or a similar plain chocolate cookie / biscuit)

150g Butter, unsalted

Mint filling

2 and 1/4 cups Icing sugar

1/2 cup Milk

60g Copha

1/4 teaspoon Peppermint Essence (if you are a mad Peppermint fan you can up this to 1/2 teaspoon but add the extra essence drop by drop and taste the filling as you go!)

Top chocolate layer

375 g Dark Chocolate melts (I used Cadbury ones but Nestle also make them as do Coles etc etc)

40g Butter, unsalted

2 x ‘Peppermint Crisp’ chocolate bars (or similar)

METHOD

1) Crush the biscuits to a sand like consistency either in a food processor or with a rolling pin in between two sheets of baking paper.

2) Add melted butter and mix well until a firm, wet-sand consistency is reached.

3) Transfer biscuit/butter mixture into baking paper lined dish. Place into fridge for at least 30 mins to set.

4) In a  microwave safe bowl, place the icing sugar, milk, copha and peppermint essence. Melt and mix in 20 second bursts. Should take about 2 minutes in total.

5) Pour straight on top of base layer. (RED ALERT – this will begin to set the minute it touches the base so don’t pour it all into the centre, pour it all over and have a spatula ready to spread evenly!) Place back into refridgerator.

6) Melt the butter and chocolate melts in a bowl either on the stove or in the microwave. Make sure you stir this 24/7 or it will seize into a disastrous mess.

7) Once melted, pour over the middle layer and spread with a spatula.

8) Roughly chop the Peppermint Crisp bars and scatter over the top of the slice.

9) Place slice back into fridge for at least 3 hours to set. Once set, cut as you wish to serve!

FROG

YUSTER

ZAN

ZEJ

Print Friendly

13 comments

1 Sarah | The Sugar Hit { 10.16.13 at 12:23 pm }

This looks awesome! I bloody love peppermint slice. AMAZING.

2 phoodie { 10.16.13 at 9:21 pm }

SO delish!

3 Ally @EdiblesandTravels { 10.25.13 at 6:46 am }

I remember I made your rocky road that had peppermint crisp in it and I had to go and buy more because I ate the chocolate bar before I could use it in the rocky road!
Will definitely need to try this (and buy more peppermint crips than needed just in case)!!

4 Dominique Petersen { 12.17.14 at 9:18 am }

Just wondering if there is a substitute for the copha? :)

5 phoodie { 12.17.14 at 9:20 pm }

Some folks on Facebook were talking about Coconut Oil…. I think this should work but have not personally tested it myself!

6 Lana { 12.21.14 at 11:30 am }

Loved that you used the most delicious peppermint crisp in the world ;-). Can’t wait to try this

7 phoodie { 12.21.14 at 11:04 pm }

yes yes! My husband would agree!! :) :)

8 Esther { 11.19.15 at 10:05 am }

I really wish people wouldn’t comment until they’ve tried recipes. This one was an abysmal failure. There is nowhere near enough copha in the mixture or icing. It didn’t set and the mint and choc layers mixed together. 0/10.

9 phoodie { 11.19.15 at 2:29 pm }

Hi Esther / Yvette – Such a shame it didn’t work for you. It’s been tested many times and made by numerous happy customers across the globe – who have sent me pictures of their creations! Without being in your kitchen it’s always hard to tell what went wrong but if you go back over the recipe again step by step you might figure it out for next time! Good luck :) Phoodie

10 CHUMPY { 12.20.15 at 3:32 pm }

Just wanted to double check that the quantity for milk is really half a cup as I’ve seen a few recipes for peppermint slice and they usually only ask for two or three table spoons! Half a cup sounds like alot of liquid – especially if you include in the copha as well. The slice looks delicious!

11 phoodie { 12.21.15 at 9:42 am }

Hi There! It really is delicious! I make it, obviously, according to my recipe and have lots of snaps and nice emails from people across the globe who have made and loved it – that said, a couple of people have said their filling was runny – and not being in the kitchen with them, knowing exactly whats going on, its hard to ascertain why, perhaps you can add slowly and check the consistency as you go?! Apologies for the long answer, in short, yes, this is how I make it! :) Phoodie

12 CHUMPY { 12.21.15 at 10:00 am }

Thanks for your reply Phoodie! I made this yesterday and unfortunately the peppermint filling was too runny – I even tried leaving it overnight to set but it made no difference. In the end – I scooped out the filling and added more icing sugar and copha. I still don’t think I have the consistency of the peppermint filling right as I found it very difficult to cut (the filling was oozing out and the chocolate on top cracked with cutting) – overall this recipe does taste nice and I love the addition of the peppermint crisp on top. I will attempt to make this again as it is a delicious slice.

13 phoodie { 12.21.15 at 11:37 am }

Oh – I am so sorry my reply came too late!!!! It is the best combo of flavours though in my opinion. Wishing you a safe and cheerful holiday season / Christmas if you’re celebreating. Phoodie