This post is sponsored by Woolworths
If you ask me, meatballs are pretty much EXACTLY the same thing as a massive hug from Grandma.
Warm. Comforting. Reliable.
And EXTRA special on a cold winter’s night.
Like us human-folk, meatballs come in all shapes and sizes (especially if you’re hand-making them with your 3 year old!) and they also come in an abundance of flavours. Despite this, they are pretty much always served the same way. With spaghetti (or linguine.) The plate normally has a pile of the spaghetti in the centre of it and a stack of meatballs generously spooned on top.
When cooking with these delicious Woolworths’ Created with Jamie Pork and Veal meatballs I wanted to reinvent the wheel a little bit. Serve them up a little left of centre. Check out the post below and let me know your thoughts! I think presenting them this way makes them perfect for mid-week entertaining. That said, if you don’t have that little bit of extra time to do what I have done, trust me when I say, they are just as yummy plated up the good old-fashioned way!
The Created with Jamie range offers classic recipes with a Jamie flavour twist that meet Jamie’s strict food standards and ethos. Products from the Created with Jamie range are available exclusively to Woolworths and there are now over 70 delicious items for you to choose from! Hooray Jamie!
1 Woolworths Created with Jamie Pork and Veal Meatballs with Mushroom Sauce
16 large pasta seashells
1 ½ cups grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons Jamie Oliver Italian herb pesto
½ bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- Cook Woolworths’ Created with Jamie Pork and Veal meatballs with Mushroom Sauce according to the instructions on the packet.
- Whilst the meatballs are cooking, boil the pasta seashells according to the instructions on the packet. Make sure not to overcook them.
- Arrange cooked pasta seashells in an oven proof dish and spoon one meatball and some of the mushroom sauce into each of the shells.
- Top with half of the grated Parmesan and return to the oven to melt the cheese (approx. 8 minutes)
- Remove from the oven and top the meatballs with the remaining Parmesan, the pesto (a small dollop per meatball) and the fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately.