To me, this is another of those “Who doesn’t love….” recipes…
Ok, ok, now I’m sure there are some people (freaks! hehe!) that don’t like Lemon and some people (bigger freaks! :) ) that don’t like slice, but I would bet all my money that they are the 1% and the rest of us are the 99%!
Not sure if I am actually writing in English at the moment as it has been a FRAZZLED lead up to Easter this year… bring on the break!
Here’s the recipe.
Thank me! :)
Oh, and for those celebrating, HAPPY EASTER!
(Makes a 28cm x 35 cm tray of slice)
1 cup condensed milk
450g Arnott’s Nice biscuits (or any other plain sweet bikkie)
2 cups desiccated coconut
The rind from 3 lemons
4 1/2 cups icing sugar mixture
90g butter – room temp
The juice from 2 lemons (3 if you want an extra hit!)
1) Process the biscuits until they reach sand like consistency, place them in a bowl with the coconut and lemon rind.
2) Over a low heat, melt together the condensed milk and the butter. Once well combined pour over biscuit mixture and stir well. This will form the base of your slice.
3) Using the tips of your fingers, push biscuit mixture into baking paper lined dish (dish to be at east 5 cm high) and place in fridge to set for at least 1 hour.
4) To make the topping, combine the icing sugar (sifted), butter and lemon juice in a bowl. You can use a large cooking spoon or your (super clean) fingers to do this. You want this to be toothpaste (sorry, that’s all I could think of!) consistency. If too runny, add more icing sugar, if too dry add more water or lemon juice.
5) Spread this over the biscuit base and sprinkle with desiccated coconut. Place back in to the fridge to set (at least another hour or so,’
CRY FROM DELICIOUSNESS.