Phoodie’s CHOCOLATE ‘LASAGNE’ – Double Chocolate Chunk Fudge Brownie, Ferrero Rocher Meringue, Milk Chocolate Ganache + Ferrero Crumble Layer Cake! 0
November 21, 2012
Before you read on, jump on to FACEBOOK and enter our latest COMPETITION!! All you need to do is whip up ANY one of Phoodie’s phantastic recipes, take a photo and email it to me at email@example.com – The person whose image receives the most “likes” on FB will a $200 Voucher from the ALWAYS AWESOME APPLIANCES ONLINE!! In addition to this, one lucky person who has “liked” one of the images (i.e. voted) will be drawn at random to win an amazing Food Mixer – also from Appliances Online – so snap to it pholks! Comp closes 30th November 2012.
I really have no words. All of my chocolate dreams were stacked together in my mind and jotted down in my recipe notebook to create THIS.
This PHENOMENAL mountain of goeey goodness!
I won’t lie to y’all, it takes quite a bit of time to make, but I promise you it isn’t “hard”!
Great one if you’re responsible for “Dessert” on Christmas Day!!!!
GIVE IT A GO!
INGREDIENTS (This ‘Lasagne’ was approx 35 cm wide x 45cm long x 35 cm high – it served 60 people)
Chocolate Brownie (to make 4 layers of brownie)
6 x batches of THESE BROWNIES – instead of the nuts though, I added an extra half cup of chocolate chips! (I used half dark chocolate chips and half white chocolate chips.) Note: Each of my brownie layers required 1 and a half of this recipe – hence 6 times the recipe gives 4 layers!
Ferrero Meringue (to makes 3 layers of meringue)
12 egg whites (4 per merignue)
3 cups caster sugar (1 cup per meringue, or 1/4 cup per egg white)
1 cap white wine vinegar
20 Ferrero Rocher Chocolates – roughly chopped
Milk Chocolate Ganache
800 grams Milk Chocolate (I used buttons)
300 ml Thickened cream
60 Ferrero Chocolates – roughly chopped
1) Make your 4 brownie layers and allow to cool. (Click here to see how)
2) Make your 3 meringue layers and allow to cool.
- Place 12 egg whites in mixer bowl and mix on high speed.
- Once you have turned mixer on DO NOT TURN IT OFF until finished!!
- Once the egg whites have formed soft peaks start adding in the sugar slowly but steadily – ALL THE WHILE KEEPING THE MIXER GOING AT HIGH SPEED!
- You are wanting the mixture to become glossy and firm with stiff peaks.
- After you are done adding all the sugar and the mixture is appearing as described above, add in the cap of white wine vinegar – ALL THE WHILE KEEPING THE MIXER GOING AT HIGH SPEED!
- Turn the mixer off and add in your roughly chopped Ferrero’s…. it is VERY important that these are GENTLY FOLDED through and NOT thoroughly stirred as you DO NOT want to “flatten” your Meringue mixture!
- Divide the mixture into 3. Place each third on a baking paper lined tray. Sculpt each one into a rectangle, approximately the same size as each brownie layer i.e 35 x 45 cm and about 1.5cm high. Place into oven (170 deg. cel. fan forced) for about 20 mins or until coloured on top (as per image) and firm to touch. Leave in TURNED OFF oven overnight IF POSSIBLE to “set”.
3) Make your ganache by placing the chocolate and the cream into a pan and melting over a medium heat. Set aside to cool slightly.
4) Roughly chop the 60 Ferrero chocolates. Set aside.
5) Assemble the ‘Lasagne’
- Place a layer of brownie onto a cake board. Spread over a layer of ganache and sprinkle some Ferrero on top.
- Place a layer of meringue on top. Spread over a layer of ganache and sprinkle some Ferrero on top.
- Repeat until all brownie and meringue layers have been used. You will have a brownie on the top. Add remaining ganache to the brownie and GENEROUSLY cover in remaining Ferrero chocolates.
Annnnnnnnnd you’re done!
ENJOY A SLAB OF THIS WITH A DOLLOP OF THICK CREAM OR VANILLA ICE-CREAM!
And here are the Step-by-step snaparoos!!!!
BAKE THE BROWNIES
MAKE THE MERINGUE
DON’T FORGET THE VINEGAR!
ADD THE CHOCOLATE – DON’T MIX TOO MUCH!
FORM 3 RECTANGLES.
COLOURED ON TOP AND FIRM TO TOUCH.
MAKE THE GANACHE.
CHOP (AND NIBBLE ON!!!!!) THE FERRERO CHOCOLATES!
ASSEMBLE ASSEMBLE ASSEMBLE!
AND YOU’RE DONE!
NOW GO EAT!