Phoodie’s Broccolini, Walnut + Parmesan Tart 0
January 27, 2013
I’ve always been a “Vegies” girl as opposed to a “Fruit” girl.
There aren’t many vegies that I won’t eat…. that I won’t love…. but fruit…. BLERGH CENTRAL. Ok, not entirely CENTRAL….but I do not get excited by fruit the way I do about vegies…. Why is autocorrect telling me that ‘vegies’ is ‘veggies’ – is it!? Is it double g’!?
Anyway, you can imagine my excitement when the cool folks at Perfection Fresh sent me a box of crunchy, green, fresh Broccolini® baby broccoli!! I howled in the night with excitement and once the howling ceased I wrote a recipe.
Here it is everyone!
Oh and before you do, I just wanted to let you know that AS SOON as I publish this post I am *running* over to FB to launch Phoodie’s latest competition!!! Wa hoooooooo!!!! To enter, all you have to do is COOK a PHOODIE recipe, (can be this one that you’re about to read or any other one,) take a PHOTO and SEND it to me either on FB or at firstname.lastname@example.org – I will upload all the photo’s to a gallery where you will PRAY TO THE FOOD GODS for people to “Like” YOUR entry! The photo in the gallery with the most likes will win the prize! The prize!? Oh, you want to know what it is!? OK! Thanks again to Perfection Fresh, the lucky winner will receive a $200 Woolworths Voucher! Yup, 200 smackaroos to spend at Woolies! How cool is that!? Get cooking y’all!
INGREDIENTS (To make a 23cm tart)
2 squares of short crust pastry – store bought
3 tablespoon olive oil
1 red onion – finely chopped
1 large clove garlic – minced
2 bunches of Broccolini® baby broccoli – chopped into inch pieces
3/4 cup roasted walnuts – chopped
1 bunch of chives – chopped
1 lemon – zest only
200g Parmesan cheese – grated
300ml – pouring cream
1) Pre heat oven to 200 deg. cel. – Line tart tin with pastry and place in fridge whilst prepping as per below.
2) Fry off red onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent (medium heat – you don’t want any colour!)
3) Add Broccolini® and toss for about 30 seconds.
4) Add nuts and toss through for a further 30 seconds.
5) In a bowl place chives, eggs, lemon zest, cheese and cream and combine well.
6) Add in Broc / nut mixture and combine thoroughly.
7) Spoon into tart shell and bake in oven for an hour. Bake uncovered for the first 15 mins, then cover loosely in foil and bake for 40 minutes. Bake uncovered again for last 5 minutes to colour the top.
Step by Step Snaps
GARLIC AND ONION
GOLDEN AND DELICIOUS!