Phoodie’s Roasted Vegetable + Labne Tarts with Za’atar and Sumac 0
February 16, 2013
Below is one of the SIMPLEST recipes to EVER hit this blog… and that’s saying something as generally EVERYTHING Phoodie does is VERY EASY and super basic to make!
DELICIOUS to the point that you will drop to the floor and wail as that will seem like your only option. Yup, so yummy that it HURTS!
Annnnnnnd the SKY’S THE LIMIT with the different varieties you can create! Chicken and asparagus Fig, Pancetta and Blue Cheese, White Chocolate and Crushed Macadamias…….
Makes 4 x 15cm square tarts
1 x 30cm square store bought puff pastry
4 pieces roasted eggplant (store bought or home made – am going to do a seperate post on how to make the perfect roasted veges!)
8 strip pieces roasted capsicum (store bought or home made)
4 teaspoons grated parmesan
4 tablespoons ricotta
4 heaped teaspoons labne (I buy labne that is stored in oil that has been flavoured with sumac and za’atar, so I don’t need the final three ingredients on this list. If you also find this and buy it you can copy me!)
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon za’atar
1 teaspoon sumac
1) Cut pastry sheet in half and then in half again, so that you have 4 squares.
2) About a centimetre or so from the edge, score a square within each square.
3) Transfer to a baking paper lined tray and paint each square with either the oil from your labne or just plain olive oil
4) Layer each square with eggplant, capsicum, parmesan and ricotta.
5) Place into 180 deg cel oven for about 15 mins or until pastry puffs and turns a dark golden brown colour.
6) Remove tarts and place on wire rack.
7) Add a dollop of labne to the top of each tarts, drizzle in oil (from labne container or just olive oil) and a sprinkle of za’atar and sumac!
Step by step snaps
The Labne, Za’atar and Sumac