‘PANCAKES AND PYJAMAS’ Miss 5’s Birthday Party 4
April 7, 2015
My daughter loves pancakes.
And let’s be honest, so do I.
We also both love hanging around together on a Sunday in our PJ’s.
So really, there wasn’t a more appropriate theme for this year’s birthday party!
All the kids were invited to wear their Pyjamas to the party – some parents even joined in on the fun! We ate copious amount of breakfast / brunch foods and had a great old time…. even though it was overcast and a little rainy!
Forgot to snap the mini blueberry muffins, but they were one of my fave things!
TIPS/IDEAS FOR HOSTING YOUR OWN ‘PANACAKES AND PYJAMAS’ PARTY
- Make sure everyone wears their PJs!
- I made the main table into a ‘bed’ but creating large foamcore bed ends and attaching them to the table.
- Instead of lolly bags the kids took home Chocolate Chip Pancake jars. Each jar contained 1 cup of self-raising flour and a tablespoon of chocolate chips. Stickers on the jars explained that an egg and a cup of milk needed to be added to the ingredients before the batter would be complete.
- In terms of food, think of all of your favourite brunch treats and make those but in mini version e.g. croissants, muffins, quiches, cereal, doughnuts etc – people like to try lots of things as opposed to eating one large version of something!
- Tents make fun decorations – kids can hide and play inside.
- I used a Unicorn piñata because UNICORNS!
- The kids were entertained by a face painter and a magician.
- The birthday cake was a ‘stack of pancakes with chocolate sauce’ illusion cake! The sauce appears to be floating in mid-air pouring over the pancakes – it was a hit! I taught myself how to make it by following THIS YouTube tutorial.
If you have any questions at all leave a comment below!
For other Birthday Party Posts – Click on the links below!