‘COOKIE MONSTER’ CHOCOLATE BARK 0
June 14, 2016
I really want to host a ‘Sesame Street’ themed birthday party.
There are SO MANY AWESOME Sesame Street recipes on the internet and I WANT MY KIDS TO HAVE A SESAME STREET PARTY…
But they’re too old for that now…
SO, rather then just ignore all of the fabulous recipes out there that I want to recreate, I shall post them on here and HOPE that lots of you will be able to use them!
I saw this bark on an incredible blog called House of Yumm and I fell STRAIGHT in love.
I’ve changed it ever so slightly (I don’t use dark chocolate as an base layer and I use oil-based powder colour to make my white chocolate blue) but apart from that – it’s the same!
Send me a snap if you make it :)
- 700g white chocolate melts
- Royal blue oil-based powder (colour) – I tried several other types of colouring and they didn’t work so I called my friend, Claudia, from the AMAZING Sydney Smash Cakes (Click here) and she gave me this one! Thanks for saving me Claudia!
- 10 Oreos roughly chopped
- 10 Choc chip cookies roughly chopped
- Slowly and carefully melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave in 10 second bursts. Make sure to continuously stir.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat and add desired amount of oil-based powder colour, I used about a tablespoon, but you can mix and check, mix and check. Stir it through.
- Add half of the chopped oreos and half of the chopped choc chip cookies and mix in well.
- Transfer chocolate to a baking paper lined tray and spread it out with a spatula.
- Top bark with cookies and eyes as per the pics below.
- Allow to set in fridge or on bench. Once set, chop into different sizes pieces and enjoy!