Phoodie’s 3 Ingredient Mini Pain Au Chocolat 0
February 26, 2013
Do you like Chocolate Croissants…. or Pain Au Chocolat as they’re called in their Mother Country!?!
I bloody love ‘em!
Well now you can whip up some of your very own to impress guests with, or just to demolish alone on the couch on a Saturday night!
This would HAVE to be the easiest recipe on this blog – so get excited!
Makes 8 Mini P.A.C
2 sheets store bought, rolled out, puff pastry
32 Large Chocolate buttons or 8 ‘sticks’ of chocolate
1) Make your egg wash by cracking egg into a bowl and whisking with a fork.
2) Cut pastry sheet into 4 x 12 cm squares.
3) Using a pastry brush, brush each square on the top side with egg wash.
4) Place 4 choc buttons on each square and roll up.
5) Trim edges of pastry off and transfer to a baking paper lined tray.
6) Paint top of croissant with egg wash.
7) Bake in 180 degree celsius oven for about 15 minutes / until croissants are puffy and dark golden.
STEP BY STEP SNAPS