Phoodie’s Candy Cane Chocolate Tarts 0
December 18, 2012
I PROMISE YOU that is all you need to make these cute-as-a-button, yummy-as-the-yummiest-thing-in-the-whole-wide-world little treats!
These are AWESOME to make with the kids in the school holidays or when you are VERY time poor but wanting to impress a hostess or your guests for Chrismas drinks!
INGREDIENTS (Makes 24 mini tarts)
24 sweet pastry tart shells – store bought (Note: my local supermarket has these, and I mean SUPERMARKET, not fancy local deli/grocer……although they will have them too at a billuon times the price!)
200g dark chocolate (cooking or otherwise)
100ml thick pouring cream
6 mini candy canes or 3 large ones – smashed to smithereens
1) Smash the candy canes into tiny pieces.
2) Place chocolate and cream in a pot on the stove and melt together over a low heat. Continuously stir. Once melted/combined, remove from heat and set aside. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
3) Using a teaspoon, fill the pastry shells with the chocolate ganache.
4) Top with a sprinkle of candy cane crumb
5) Set in fridge for abouttttttt 30 mins or until firm.
THE CANDY CANES
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!